Sunday, September 03, 2006

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Well, it was a good day. My birthday and anniversary, that is.

Woke up to breakfast in bed from C and the girls. Had the day to putter as I wished. They even went out for a while and I actually got something written down for my fireside chat for the conference (I really DO have a lot to say, after all!).

When they came back I was regaled with three red roses...


and an ice cream cake from Carvel (my favorite and fast becoming a tradition for my birthday!)...


Yum.

Then it was time to get ready to go out for our big date. I mean ten years is something to celebrate, no? So went and got dolled up for dinner and a show. C took me to the Paris Eiffel tower restaurant and then we went and saw KA, a Cirque D'Soliel show. Awesome!! It was a night to remember, for sure. I even got a call from one of my brothers, which, like, never happens (the other two brothers called me yesterday)! I am so blessed!

C wanted to take me to pick out a digital camera as well, but we ran out of time. I want to get a small one that has a movie mode, one that the kids can use and I can stash in my purse when I don't want to drag the big Canon around.

We are a bit strapped for time getting ready for the conference. Even skipped church this morning. Gasp. I got my grounding for the week yesterday at my massage, which was given to me gratis for my birthday. She is so sweet. I think we dealt with some 'schtuff' that was blocking me with this whole talk at the conference, so all is good. I am ready.

I have been reading lots of other unschoolers blogs who are going to the conference and the common theme is that none are feeling prepared, so I guess it is not just me! Maybe we never CAN be prepared for such an intense life changing experience. But we can pack some clothes and shampoo and snacks and maps and toothbrushes and all that. So that is what I am going to do now. See you when we get back!!

1 comment: