Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Boy Who Lived

Or did he? You'll have to read the book to find out! I finished it today and just have to say that J. K. Rowling is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I did not want it to be over so soon, but I could not help myself.

A told me today that she can wait to read the book until after we have read the second and third books in the His Dark Materials trilogy, The Princess Academy, and finished listening to the Septimus Heap trilogy. What?!?!! She can wait to read the seventh and final book? Considering we go about a chapter a day, that would be MONTHS from now. She even said she wanted me to re-read all six previous books to her before we started number 7, "to catch up on everything". I'm not sure that we will actually wait that long. Or maybe I will just have to sit on her and force her to listen to it!

She is attempting to read HP#1 to herself, although the process is painfully slow and involves me deciphering long strings of letters shouted from the other room into actual words, oh, every five seconds, or so. I know that the process will make her an exceptional reader very quickly, but it might just be easier to read to her for the next few years! The things you do for your kids....

3 comments:

Shawna said...

LOL We recently finished HP#1...one chapter a day as well! Took forever and my son got bored because he had already seen the movie (his older brothers hyped him up on the book.) So we have the entire series to read as well, about one chapter as day too.

Tara W. said...

For some reason I can't link your blog to my Google Reader. I'm new to this so I can't figure out why. Do you know?

Miranda said...

No idea, Tara. Sorry. I am woefully ignorant when it comes to reading blogs any other way than visiting each one separately. I like the pictures and the designs and the sidebars of the blogs I read and would not want to miss out if all I got was text, you know?