Saturday, August 18, 2007

Procrastination

I am the queen of the eleventh hour! Here I am, a mere three weeks from the day I am to speak at the Live and Learn Conference and I still have a ton of work to do on my speech. And am I working on it now? Nooooooo, I'm blogging, silly. And making new blogs. And sleeping in really late. And staying up really late and reading blogs and such on the internet. And planning other elaborate projects to do -which I know better than to actually start-instead of writing my speech. Ok, I do have 5, count 'em, five, pages of notes typed into Word and have begun fleshing said notes out a bit. And, yes-Flo-I will be tweaking and polishing my speech on the drive into Asheville, just days prior to the big day. BUT. But. But, I will have it done enough that if the laptop crashed I could go on without any tweaking. Oh, yes. The queen of procrastination has spoken. It will be done. Um, after I clean the oven really good, and make a bunch of jewelry to sell at the conference, and put away ALL the Christmas decorations from last year that are in boxes on my dining room sideboard, in time for this Christmas, of course, and pack for the trip, and wrap my stepmom's birthday gift, and, and, and.......

p.s.Help!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee...I am just like you :-) I have now realized that I work better under the gun and have accepted that fact about myself. Good luck with the speech!

P@ said...

Maybe procrastination could be worked into the speech somehow?
Inspiration is everywhere! ;)

Darlene said...

I like what P said. Besides what is procrastination because everything is perfect with universal timing. I would be confident that even if you did not have a speech prepared that you have enough knowledge and experience in your head to create on the spot!

You inspire me within 20 min conversation.
Just the discussion about if you control they will expect control and possibly be uncomfortable with their own self regulating. Not wanting control and at the same time not knowing anything else.

Lots of loves

Caroline said...

I procrastination is wrong why does it feel so right? LOL

Flo said...

Sure, okay. I'm just really giggling right now.

But I am sooooo excited!

Caroline said...

If, I meant to say If procrastination is wrong.... :)

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm sure there's a way to turn this love of proscrastination into a great speech. Like about how with unschooling you don't need schedules. ;)

I'm jealous thatyou're getting to go to Live and Learn. I want to but am going to have to wait until next year it seems.