Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Love Fall

View from the hammock at sunset

I just love Fall! Yes, the temperatures have dropped -we are expecting snow tonight!- but the colors of the trees and the quality of the light soooo make up for it. It is dangerous to drive with me this time of year, because I can't stop looking and exclaiming over the trees, especially the maples. I am so blessed to have a few beautiful specimens on my property to gaze at every day, until they drop their finery for the winter's chill.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that is beautiful! I miss fall here. Post often over the next month so I can experience it anyway, k?

flowers said...

Ha! I was just enjoying that tree today!

Flo said...

Will you please stop rubbing it in? BTW, when you're pacing out our plot, make sure we get a maple or two, k?

Miranda said...

Flo, as I look east out my kitchen window I see the maple that is nestled in the woods. You could be looking west out your kitchen window at the same maple some day. Our kids would meet there to play...
;-b

Flo said...

Okay, that made me cry.

Barb said...

Beautiful photoes!

Anonymous said...

miranda,
Could you email me your new email? Mine is still the same.
Thanks,
Justine

Annette said...

Beautiful photos!

Can you ask Justine to post an update on her blog? thanks,

love, a xxx

Sabrina said...

Yes Miranda, I'm with you, I love fall! We live in such a beautiful area, I am so thankful for that. I'm very much missing the unschooling group...hope I will see you all at a skating session very soon.