Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Random Stuff

So, tomorrow they come to pack our stuff.  Friday it goes on a truck in a crate or two, then on a train to Aldelaide, and then on a boat to home.  I am pretty much ready for the packers.  I have a few last minute tasks to keep me busy while I oversee the packing.  In true Aussie style, I have no idea when they will show up, or how many packers will come.  No one called to let us know like they said they would. Oh well, I'll be up and ready for them bright and early.  No worries!  I think I have the hang of this laidback life. ;-)

I would like to blog more.  I had said that I would blog all about our adventures down under before we got here.  I tried, I really did.  But, it felt mostly like normal boring life and not like an adventure at all, after the first bit.  There just wasn't that much to talk about.  Well, there was a ton of stuff I wanted to talk about, it just wasn't appropriate for the blog.  Some of what I want to talk about is still like that, but I am also brimming with ideas and projects to share, when we get home.  Of course, we still have Sydney and Cairns and Hawaii to visit, so I will share that.

I'm tempted to reflect on our time here, but I know I should wait till we are gone so the fullness of it all can settle in my mind.  Right now, I would bitch about the crime and the lack of recycling and the remoteness and loneliness, or things like that.  I want to get home and let the negative stuff fade away, as it does, and then I can focus on all the good.  There has actually been a lot of good to come out of this crazy year.  I would not be who I am today without having spent a year in the Alice, and I know I will always be grateful for this experience.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you think. I will look forward to hearing the good when all the other settles on through. I also look forward to hearing of your adventures back home again. Be well and safe travels.
Justine