Thursday, September 01, 2005

Breakfast in Bed

I cracked an eye open this morning to see A standing by my bed, arms flung wide, beautific smile on her face. "Happy Birthday!" She gave me a big hug and said to let her know when I was not too tired for my surprize, then left my room. I lay in bed wondering at my luck at getting such a mature, thoughtful kid. After a while, she came back in and asked if I was ready. I said I was. She grabbed a pillow and tucked it behind my head, arranged the blanket neatly over me and ran out saying, "Don't get up". I heard her busy at something downstairs and in a few minutes she was heading up the stairs and told me to close my eyes. When I opened them she was standing before me with a bowl of cereal and a cup of water. Breakfast in bed! I'm the luckiest mother in the world! Now I can't wait til she can really cook!

No comments: