Thursday, February 23, 2006

You Say Catsup, I Say Ketchup

Miss us? The longer I go between posting, the harder it is to get back to it. Let's see, where did I leave off? Well, we got through Valentines day - the streamers E put up for decorations are still up and lots of candy is still kicking around- and have had a bunch of playdates the past week. On Thursday, we had our Life learners event at one of our members houses. The girl's friend M, who is moving soon, was not going to be able to come so we arranged to pick her up to take her with us to play. She was also going to spend the night. We had a fun day there and then the girls had a good sleepover.
<---Here they are with their party spread of food they made on their own. They could have played all day Friday as well, but her mom came to get her midday. Then they wandered around the house moaning about not having anything to do. Cups half empty, I guess. Saturday was a quiet family day. I think we went shopping at Lowes or something.
C and the girls made baking soda and vinegar volcanoes in the sink. ---->
Sunday C was sick so we went to church without him, which meant we could hang out as long as we wanted afterward. That was nice. Monday's a blur. Tuesday we watched a friend's son for a few hours. The girls had fun playing with him. Standard moaning when he left. Wednesday, hmmm, that was yesterday. Yeah. And today we picked up M to bring her here to play for the day. Lots of creative play going on today. Messy, fun, and amazingly productive for me. I usually end up running interference for them, but today they played together so well, I was free to putter and do stuff.

A asked me to close my eyes, while she led me into the family room. This is what I saw when I opened them:

No comments: