Thursday, August 24, 2006

Splish, Splash



I have not been blogging and I realized today why. I have not taken any pictures in over a week and it is the pictures that tend to get me sitting down at the computer to write in my blog. So, this afternoon, the girls and I were in the pool and I noticed how cool the lighting was and the colors of the water. Out came the camera. I talked with the girls a bit about how if you wanted to paint the water you would have to pay attention to the actual colors of the water. In the shot above, I was trying to capture the amazing electric blue that was there when the water splashed up. It does not quite get it. When does a camera ever capture what your eye can see?


This one of A is cool to me because of the way her face is reflected so many times in the water, all Picasso/Dali-like. A says she is acting like a mermaid coming up out of the water. Below I caught her actually doing just that:

I love the way the water ripples off of her hair and forehead. She has been freaking me and her Daddy out with the whole eyes-open-emerging-from-the-water thing! She says she looks like the mermaids in Peter Pan.

E had to get in on the action, too, so here is one of her:

She was wearing the shower cap so as not to get her hair wet. I had put it in a braid last night after bath and she wanted it to remain wavy. She is also wearing a pair of earrings her Daddy got her. The girls have been excited to get new earrings and wear them.

I have a lot to report, but I am waiting for the right time to reveal it. Here is a hint:

Answer to comment:

No, Papa, it is not about me playing golf (wishful thinking!). YOU should know what it is, I'm just messing with everyone else!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great.

Does the hint mean your taking up golf! (wink, wink)

Ren Allen said...

I LOVE the water pics!! Really fabulous.