Saturday, April 05, 2008

Raspberries, Memes, and Imminent Disaster Averted

E loves raspberries. Oh, boy, does she love raspberries. So, this morning I was making her favorite raspberry sauce that she puts on everything from pancakes to ice cream. As the berries and sugar were cooking on the stove, I wandered over to check my email. There was a comment on this blog from Pat tagging me for a meme. So, of course, I had to go read all about it and totally forgot about the sauce on the stove.

Sixth sense kicked in and I bolted to the kitchen to find the stovetop covered with red raspberry sauce, the burner off, but no smell of gas. I must have walked, ok ran, in just as the flame went out. As I was salvaging raspberry sauce and cleaning up the bloodbath on my stove and floor, I thought about the meme I was tagged for.

Here's the scoop:

The Six-Words Meme was originally started by Smith Magazine.
Legend has it that Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words. His response? “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Last year, SMITH Magazine re-ignited the recountre by asking our readers for their own six-word memoirs. They sent in short life stories in droves, from the bittersweet (“Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends”) and poignant (“I still make coffee for two”) to the inspirational (“Business school? Bah! Pop music? Hurrah”) and hilarious (“I like big butts, can’t lie”).
Here are the rules:
1) Write your own six word memoir.
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5) Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
6) Have fun.

In light of today's events, my six word memoir:

Never check email while making sauce.

I"ll tag you all later!

2 comments:

Tara W. said...

ROFL!!

P@ said...

Ha!! Words to live by.

And I'm glad that the raspberry sauce was saved. :)